Alright people, so far it has been a great year of movies. I tend to favor the big action movies, science fiction and fantasy preferred, but I love all movie genres for what they are.
So far here is my list of top movies:
1. The Lego Movie - Such a great one, for all ages really. Everything is awesome!
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier - This is what super hero movies should be. Just great tone, great costumes. A lot of fun.
3. X-Men: Days...- Another solid entry into the X-Men franchise. With some brain burning time travel and the introduction of Quicksilver. The highlight of the movie for me.
4. Godzilla - Good monster movie, the human drama was a bit weak for me, but this is easily a top 5 Godzilla movie (I have a weakness for Mecha Godzilla).
5. Maleficent - I don't know why this movie didn't get great reviews, it was a ton of fun for me. I recommend anyone go check it out. Jolie is fantastic!
Honorable Mention: Chef - Just a low key family movie about redemption and being an artist, taking the plunge to go out on your own. Really great.
That's it for now, those are the ones that have really grabbed me so far. I've seen a TON more movies though. About one or two a week.